This post is the second of four in a series that seeks to advance the conversation of the importance of world language learning in the nation’s schools and how the Rosetta Stone® Language Learning Suite can help.
With a flexible solution like the Rosetta Stone Language Learning Suite, there are plenty of ways to enhance the world language classroom. Here are the ten best:
- Increased speaking practice – In the typical in-person classroom, only one student can speak with the teacher at a time. With the Language Learning Suite, students can practice their linguistic skills with speech recognition or a live tutor.
- Support for BYOD and 1:1 – The Language Learning Suite comes with apps available for both the iOS and Android ecosystems. Kids can work with all of the available devices.
- Differentiation – Students work at their own pace in both Rosetta Stone® Foundations and Rosetta Stone® Advantage, allowing them to make progress more efficiently. Lesson planning is a breeze.
- Whole class instruction – Using a projector, the activities in the Language Learning Suite can be used to reinforce concepts during whole-class instruction. No more boring lectures or dated videotapes.
- Offer more languages – The Language Learning Suite is available in 24 languages, including those which are most demanded by employers but are not yet offered broadly in world language programs, like Arabic and Mandarin.
- Immediate feedback – Research shows that timely feedback is key to the learning process. The activities in the Language Learning Suite quickly correct student gaps in understanding.
- Multiple modalities – The engaging environment makes small group and individual instruction possible by freeing the teacher from classroom management tasks. Teachers can remediate rather than circulate.
- Monitoring progress – The reporting on the back end of the Language Learning Suite can be used by teachers to inform their whole-group instruction or group students based on abilities, as well as provide administration with insights on the direction of the class.
- Supplement in-person instruction – Supplemental tools, guides, and worksheets can be used to provide the foundation for in-person instruction. The curriculum is aligned, both online and off.
- Parental engagement – Parental involvement is crucial in educational success. Because the Language Learning Suite is available any time in any place, at-home usage means parents can also be engaged with the learning as well as monitor their child’s progress.
Want to find out more? Join us for a free, live webinar on April 16th at 3:00 PM ET. The webinar will demonstrate all of the capabilities of the suite and how it can be utilized in world language best practices.